3.20.2012

1st day of spring and a special announcement

Spring is here! YAY!!!! And with that comes a super special MM Ink announcement..............

MM Ink is now a FULL TIME calligraphy and design studio!!!! 
I am thrilled to be able to devote 100% of my working time to something that makes me so so happy! 
I LOVE calligraphy!



Many people thought I only did calligraphy; but before this year, I wore this lovely MM Ink hat primarily at night after a full time job as a Senior Auditor for a cable company, and putting our 3 kiddos to bed. Yep, I studied Accounting in college, graduated and got my CPA license soon after. But I always wanted to be a full time professional calligrapher....I just did not know when.

Around the beginning of 2009, I had a talk with my hubby and we decided that I would make the transition in October 2009. Well that did not happen - we got our sweet baby #3 instead :). So we changed plans and at the end of 2010, we decided that the new date will be March 2012.

I prayed so hard for God to show me His plan for me and to reassure me that this was the right time. Well, He answered in a BIG way! Last August, the company that I was working for announced that they were going to outsource the accounting function to a company overseas and hence, eliminate my position (and many others). My termination date was set for September 30; but due to a project they needed me to help with and my severance package, guest what....that put me right at March 16, 2012! God is so good and I know this is His plan.

I've spent the last 3 months gearing up for this day and I get excited every morning starting my day doing what I LOVE!!! I feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity and I am so thankful for everyone who supported me since the very beginning and throughout this journey (especially my wonderful husband Lars, my 3 darling little ones, Mommy, Mom, Patyence, Jan, Aisha, MTH, and my calligraphy teachers and mentors - Sheila Waters and Pat Blair). And the wonderful people and clients I get to work with make it all the more special (and fun!!!). It has been an incredible ride and the best is yet to come! Stay tuned!!! :)

xoxo




8 comments:

  1. Love this and love you, Moya! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Emily!!! I really appreciate it! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moya,

    Congratulations! I really love and admire your work. It gives me great pleasure to hear you share such exciting news. I also love lettering and calligraphy and would love to do it full-time. You've given me hope. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Jenn and it means a lot to hear that my story has inspired you! Keep at it and I am sure the same will happen for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm so happy for you and that you are able to give your full energy to your wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly well deserved! Keep rocking! Reading this brought tears to my eyes coupled with a big grin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Aisha! Your support and encouragement means so much! I can't wait until it's your turn to share big biz news! :)

    ReplyDelete