2.24.2012

happy friday: mm ink featured in munaluchi bride magazine

Munaluchi Bride's first digital magazine debuted on Tuesday and it is GORGEOUS - from cover to cover!!! Munaluchi Bride Magazine is a chic and stylish publication filled with tons of inspiration for women of color. I am so grateful to be featured in their first digital release! Here's a look at the feature (I think Amelia was born with a camera in her hand - such beautiful images :)





It was such a joy working with Lisa Hladish, Janie Medley, Dana FitzGerald and Amelia Johnson on such a fun project! I had a blast working with the team to help them bring their vision for the Oh Happy Day stationery to life through my lettering and Lisa's beautiful custom made stationery pieces.

I wanted to create lettering for the Oh Happy Day stationery pieces that was fun and included playful flourishes throughout. I started with hand lettering the bride and groom's names and adding fancy swirls to make them stand out. This became the inspiration for the rest of the calligraphy I did for the invitation, RSVP card, monogram and place card paper ribbons.





For the menu cards, I wanted to emphasize the idea of a celebration filled with excitement and cheer. So I really had fun with the lettering and incorporated lots of flourishing for the Menu header. The swirl banners for each course was a nice addition that also sparked the idea for the heart seals.






The super talented Lisa Hladish of Paper Daisies Stationery printed the calligraphy on beautiful custom cut paper she provided and assembled all of the stationery pieces. I love seeing my calligraphy on her beautiful stationery!




I think the stationery items are the perfect fit for a happy wedding day!

Happy Friday!




Photography by Amelia Johnson Photography
To see the entire Munaluchi Bride Winter 2012 digital magazine, go here

4 comments:

  1. I hope you know how amazing you are!!! So fun working together and I just loved the finished products :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lisa - you are so sweet! You're the amazing one! :) I absolutely love working with you!!! Looking forward to our next project in a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely stunning - gorgeous colours and exquisite designs :)
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete